Khamis, 15 Disember 2016

Human Rights Training

I had this opportunity to attend a training conducted by Malaysian Centre for Constitutionalism and Human Rights (MCCHR) in Jalan Pantai Baharu, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I had this recorded on another side. It was kept in private as not to disclose any confidential data related to any particular organisation or institution since I have to comply with Official Secret Act 1972. 

The training was held on 2-5 November 2015. Last year was quite a hectic time for me. I joined the institution at a 'wrong' time. I had no time to reflect on anything nor doing anything but to focus only on events in the office. Colleagues actually gave me a hard time but I said nothing about them as:
  • I had a wrong perception that keeping everything to myself and not complaining about anyone is a professionalism until I have got an idea to sneak into management reference materials available on the internet and libraries; 
  • I strongly believe in moral impacts or karmic effects where each action is rooted from the state of one's heart and the action emerged would affect the environment around; 
  • I take a very long time to observe because I do not believe in being judgemental before conducting researches or interviews to understand something.
This four-day programme was quite an eye-opening for me. I knew almost nothing about what happened in my own country. I had left mainstream media since 2007 just after my father was fired in a disgraceful manner by a minister in the federal government. He was used like a filthy sponge. As an act of resentment, I refuse to follow anything politics here and shifting my focus to our previous empire in the north who sold our state to the British empire before we were merged with the federal government today. I joined a particular institution because of these past experiences. A native who faced discrimination and injustice in his own 'country'. I believed and had faith in the institution as a civilian.

Day 1 (2 Nov 2015)
Day 2 (3 Nov 2015)
  • Civil Procedure
  • Criminal Procedure
Day 3 (4 November 2015)
  • International human rights law - acceptable limitations
  • Application of human rights law in Malaysia
  • How to conduct human rights research
Day 4 (5 November 2015)
  • Problem Tree
  • Big Picture of Analysis
  • Action Pyramid
My personal view after attending the training is accessible here.

I agree that everyone should continuously develop themselves and it includes integrating life experience in discourses. This is creativity. Not just stuff that we did in school, for example, mencapub (seeking for a publicity in vain) nor to please anyone simply to fulfil our selfish personal benefit when we speak about rights and social justice. It takes time to grab many things especially when one is limited in terms of finance, space and advantage in term of a great peaceful life outside there.

Appendix: click here thank you.

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan